The 3rd and final part of the Strategy Games series is finally here. You can purchase just part 3 from here, or click here/above to buy all 3 parts of the entire series. Here’s what you’ll learn in the final sessions…
- Create a shaded terrain. Dynamically adjust contrast with the ColorMatixFilter class.
- Create multiple states for an object. Progress from a simple switch statement to object-oritented states.
- Create multiple players.
- Learn to create a turn-based environment for units and players, for both human and computer input.
- Create computer opponents.
- Create multiple unit types: land, air, computer and human.
- Use the bitmap class to create a “fog of war” that reveals the map as units move.
- Differentiate between turn-based and non-turn-based states (and support both).
- Add combat between units.
By the end of these lessons you should have a very playable strategy game which you COULD publish to your usual devices that the AIR exporter supports. So this could make a great Android or iPhone/iPad game.
Also any updates to this course, for example quick “what if” questions our instructor finds worth recording a lesson on will be free. Download links would get sent to existing buyers!