The final video of Session 4 of our iOS and Cocos2D tutorial series is now available! In this video we modify our previous project in the session to create a gravity-less Box2D maze environment. Okay, obviously you can see from the image above its a mini Pac-man level. The fun things we explore in this tutorial…
- Applying force to move the character around the level in up, down, left, or right directions
- Adding a ContactListener to detect collisions between the character and maze boundaries
- Adding 4 sensors arounds our character to detect when openings in the maze are available
- Programming a virtual swipe joystick to move in available directions and store a desired direction which allows the character to move into openings only when possible
- Jumping the character from one side of the screen to the other.
- Stopping movement completely (and pausing the mouth opening animation)
- Applying different types of force to the character to experiment with spin
Sounds awesome right. Here’s the rub. I’m having some troubles this morning sending out a bulk of updated download links to the course, so if you’re reading this, you can just return to any of your past download links pages and request an additional download. Otherwise, I’m sure the problem will be resolved soon and I’ll be able to blast out an update to everyone.
ALSO if you bought this course with the Starter Kits included, the Angry Ninjas kit has been updated for the iPad 3!