So I’m pretty darn excited about our latest package over at GameArtPartners. To say the least. The first of three War Machine game art packs not only includes vector art in both Flash and Illustrator formats, but also has animated PNG sequences in 1x and 2x formats. So for you game developers, you’ll have no problem making use of these sprites right away. The animations have even been saved in .atlas folders, which you Xcode users of course know makes it one step easier to make these usable in your iOS apps.
And since I had a little hand in animating and exporting these (and setting them up in Flash), I went ahead and created property list files that are easily importable into CartoonSmart’s iOS Starter Kit. Which brings me to this, a little demo video of the art in action….
Hot off the press we’ve got a new set of platform game art, The Egyptian Template Platformer Tileset. This one comes from one of our rising stars at Game Ar tPartners, Franco, dab Simirk Graphics (that links to all his art so far). As many of you know, I’m a vector-art guy, perhaps even an aficionado of all things vector, but I love his hand-painted style. These are really beautiful pieces and if any of you game developers are listening, a nice crispy game character will look great playing through these. Cartoons look terrific with hand-painted backgrounds. And this set is royalty-free (but not free =) !
Thats the news for now!
GameArtPartners has a new platformer game art package and it’s FREE!
It includes moving platforms, lava falls, animated lava pits, foreground and background art, in-game collectible items like gold, grenades, crates, health packs, and there’s TONS more. You can break up / combine the art in Flash to create hundreds more elements and dozens of interesting levels. You’ll receive…
- Adobe Flash CC files (vector based source art)
- 1x, 2x and yes, 3x PNG Exports
- .xcassets folder, for easy import of the png files into Xcode*
- Texture Atlas Folder for animated game elements (lava, lava-falls, doors, and more)*
- Tiled, .tmx files which contain many of the elements already imported*
- Property List file*
*These files can be used with the Fantastic Worlds iOS Starter Kit to play this level within minutes of downloading. Buyers of the kit can simply drag and drop in most elements and copy properties from the plist to play the level almost instantly.
You read that title right. Felipe Marsetti and Tammy Coron interviewed me Wednesday for the semi-inaugural episode of their new RoundAbout podcast! You get to listen to me talk about a whole range of topics, and this is one of those rare times where I can’t even hit the stop record button. Here’s the important links…
We’ve got a fantabulous new package of game art available today. The Abandoned Castle-themed tile set includes…
- 2 Backgrounds :3400×2000 pixels.
- 33 Terrain Tiles
- 26 Items
- 5 animated objets (chest, coin, gem,door, apple)
The art is fully editable in Photoshop, and easy to modify / re-export if you so design. The artwork is also royalty-free and already exported at various sizes in separate PNG, JPG, and PSD files. Find out more here.
Golly I must be in a good mood today. I just feel like giving away some quality free game art. So here goes. This latest freebie at GameArtPartners.com is a 2d military game art character, affectionately titled Jughead and slightly inspired by one of my favorite movies, Starship Troopers.
This dude is fully animated and already exported with 1x and 2x sized images. The full list of animations is…
- Firing from Idle
- Walking and Fire
- Walking (aimed down)
- Walking and Fire (aimed down)
- Jump and Fire
- Toss Grenade from Idle (Special Attack)
- Toss Grenade from Jump
Plus this hombre is drag n’ drop ready for the Fantastic Worlds iOS Starter Kit. The property list, Xcode texture atlas folders, and everything else is included. You just have to import it and start the level with Jughead!
You’ll also receive the Adobe Flash files to re-export out each animation if need be.
Build 1.11 of the Fantastic Worlds iOS Starter Kit
is officially here! All buyers/subscribers should already have an update. I mentioned some of the new features in one of my recent posts: multiple weapons for Objects / enemies, so I won’t dwell on that here (and here’s a video
I’ve got a special treat this Build for Subscribers and Lifetime buyers of the kit. You’ll now get 3 Xcode Projects with your purchase. Kind of a Small / Medium / Large in terms of what’s been imported to the kit.
- The “Small” has very little imported, just a barebones amount of imagery to build a single level with one character on one platform. This project is labeled Fantastic_Worlds_BareBones
- The “Medium” you all know and love already, its was formally the Light edition, but that one grew a bit big with examples, so it’ll simply be referred to as the Fantastic_World_Demo
- The “Large” is the same Meta Platformer demo app I submitted to the App Store. The project labeled Fantastic_Worlds_Meta_Platfomer will be replacing the Kid’s App project, as the most fully featured demo to pull example properties from. The Kid’s App demo wasn’t being added to, whereas the Meta Platformer project is something I intend to add new “Arcade” style examples to regularly, and keep updated in the App Store as well. So don’t even think about re-submitting yourself, but you are welcome to peek into it and discover all her secrets. And in the future this will give me a better example project to add to instead of bloating either of the other projects.
And by the way, although I haven’t been able to test the kit on an actual iPhone 6 or 6 Plus (since nobody has one yet), everything is running as smooth as ever in the latest Xcode, which includes the Xcode 6 GM.